This March marks the 40th anniversary of Jackson ImmunoResearch Laboratories, Inc., founded by William J. Stegeman Ph.D. The company started as a small biotech manufacturing immunological products for the research community and is now a global leader of secondary antibody manufacturing.
While working at Cappel Laboratories in the late 1970s, Bill Stegeman and current President Ralph Hood, had the realization that there were very few options for secondary antibodies on the market. They took a risk, started their own lab and committed to developing best in class reagents with support from the other principle owners, Leonard Guinta DO and Lawrence O’Donnell. Over the years, the Jackson ImmunoResearch team pioneered a number of advances in secondary antibody manufacture. This included the development of Affinity-Purification, universally known today as “AffiniPure,” and the Lyophilization process, which set the industry standard for product stability.
The quality and consistency of Jackson ImmunoResearch’s products quickly made them the “go-to detection reagent” for scientists around the world, with over 100,000 citations on Google Scholars to date. To better support their customers and extend the company’s footprint beyond West Grove, PA, global distribution partners were established over the years. In 2004, partner company Jackson ImmunoResearch Europe was founded and continues to be led by Managing Director, Sue Hallett.
Fast forward to 2022 and the mission at Jackson ImmunoResearch remains the same: Scientists creating tools for scientists. Enhancing scientific discovery by providing the highest quality immunological tools to the life science and diagnostic communities is at the core of what we do. It’s rewarding to see our products play a role in so many important fields including neuroscience, oncology, food safety, and diagnostics. The spirited culture that began in the early years is still alive, boosted with continued investment in talent and technology to drive innovation and ensure we are prepared to meet our customers’ needs as they grow and evolve.
On behalf of Jackson ImmunoResearch, we want to thank all of our customers, big and small, and our employees, past and present, for the last forty years. It’s an especially exciting time to work in science and we look forward to what’s next!
|Learn more:||Do more:|
|Colorimetric western blotting||Spectra Viewer|
|Chemiluminescence western blotting||Antibodies for signal enhancement|
|Fluorescent western blotting|
- Download PDF We caught up with Derek Sung, Immunofluorescence guru, Ph.D. student, and the brains behind the outstanding Instagram identity – @immunofluorescence. Busy generating results for his Ph.D., he’s found …Read More »
- Download PDF Single B cell screening rapidly identifies potent neutralizing antibodies for SARS-CoV-2 University of Michigan researchers used Jackson ImmunoResearch antibodies for affinity and specificity analysis Although mRNA vaccines have …Read More »
- Download PDF Blocking is essential to prevent non-specific interactions between the transferred proteins, the membrane and the subsequent reagents used in an experiment. Non-specific binding can lead to background signal, …Read More »
- Download PDF Supporting local organizations is important to Jackson ImmunoResearch, and over the years we have been proud to donate to charities and institutions both within and outside of the …Read More »
- Download PDF Electrophoresis allows the proteins separated by SDS-PAGE to be transfered from the gel onto a membrane by electrophoretic transfer. In Part 3 of our Western blotting guide we …Read More »