JIR Anti-Alpaca IgG Secondary Antibodies for Nanobody generation
Alpaca and Llama heavy chain only antibodies provide a framework for engineering recombinant antibodies. The monomeric variable domain (VHH) of heavy chain only camelid IgG2 and IgG3 provides a 12-15 kDa domain which is easy to clone and produce at high levels in recombinant systems, is stable to heat and pH extremes, and generally, has good solubility. These antibodies commonly called nanobodies can cross the blood-brain barrier and access other remote locations, combined with tight antigen binding facilitated by a long CDR3 loop. The unique benefits of VHH domain antibodies see them used in a variety of applications, as components of diagnostic kits for small molecule detection, as biosensors and in numerous therapeutic applications such as cancer treatment VHH antibodies are powerful tools for research, diagnostics and therapy.
To optimize the production of camelid-derived antibodies, JIR offers both Anti-Alpaca IgG2+3 and Anti-Alpaca IgG (H+L) for their detection and quantification during library generation.
Listen to JIR’s Chief Operations Officer, David Fancy, PhD introduce Anti-Camelid Secondary Antibodies.
Learn more about JIR Anti-Camelid Secondary Antibodies for nanobody development here
|Learn more:||Do more:|
|Anti-Camelid Secondary Antibodies||Exhibition schedule|
|Choosing your secondary antibody||2019 Travel grant|
|Colorimetric Western blotting||Cite and win!|
† Nanobody and Nanobodies are registered trademarks of Ablynx N.V.
- Download PDF Western blotting is a technique used to confirm the presence of target proteins and peptides from complex mixtures. Proteins are separated by size using PAGE, transferred to a …Read More »
- Download PDF Congratulations to the recipient of Jackson ImmunoResearch’s €1000 travel grant for SfN2019! Jackson ImmunoResearch offers travel funding to support researchers attending academic meetings and conferences. JIR invited applications …Read More »
- Download PDF Congratulations to the recipient of Jackson ImmunoResearch’s $1,000 travel grant for NSH 2019! Jackson ImmunoResearch is happy to offer travel funding to support researchers attending academic meetings and …Read More »
- Download PDF As summer comes to a close, we wanted to highlight Adam Kensinger, who joined our R&D team as a summer intern. Find out about his experience at Jackson …Read More »
- Download PDF Antibodies are invaluable to scientific research, diagnostics, and therapeutics. These simple yet powerful scientific tools find their way into a diverse range of fields and applications. Primary antibodies …Read More »